DHI’s integrated South Gloucestershire Drug and Alcohol Service is here to help anyone in the area who is struggling with drugs or alcohol. We mainly work out of hubs in Kingswood, Yate and Patchway, but we also travel around the area to help people in their local communities.
If you need support with your use of drugs or alcohol, then get in touch for free and confidential help.
How DHI can help –
How we help
Everyone who wants help from us will get an initial assessment. We then work with you and discuss your needs and how we can help. Our services include:
- 1:1 sessions
- Structured group programme (including abstinence support groups and mutual aid)
- Harm reduction advice and needle exchange
- Naloxone training and provision
- Peer support
- Alcohol service
- Preparation for detox
- Criminal justice service
- Opiate Substitute Therapy
- Employment, education and training (West of England Works)
- SPACED (Stimulant, Psychoactive, Alternative, Club and Experimental Drugs) service
Alcohol is one of the main factors relating to ill health, including both your physical and mental health. Many people drink alcohol to help manage thoughts, emotions and every day life stressors. Without realising, your drinking level and tolerance increase and may result in you needing a drink every day.
Drinking to a high level is more common that you think. Many people are unaware of the dangers associated with drinking. So if you are worried and concerned about your current alcohol use, please contact DHI on the details above.